Due to the six-week Level 5 restrictions imposed nationwide from Wednesday 21st October 2020, we will regretfully have to cancel our Drive-In Open Night that was scheduled for Friday 13th November 2020. We are very disappointed that we have to do this, but this matter has been taken out of our hands. We will revisit having an event for incoming First Year students in due course.
An Post has launched 'Community Focus' across Ireland and some of our English students have taken advantage of this service by writing letters to residents in different nursing homes all over Westmeath. So far we have sent 218 letters and we plan to continue with this initiative after the Mid-Term break. Well done to all involved!
We are also starting a new German lunch club. Please feel free to join!
Preparations for the reopening of Mercy Secondary School Kilbeggan are near completion. In response to Government guidance and Covid-19 policy we have:
- Reconfigured our timetable
- Reconfigured our classrooms to enable physical distancing
- Repurposed our communal areas
- Installed protective screens
- Installed a Covid-19 Emergency Sick Bay
- Incorporated a one-way system throughout the interior of our school
- Incorporated walking lanes outdoors
- Installed signage, floor decals, and outdoor graphics
- Installed sanitising stations
- Installed new methods of waste disposal
- Conducted a deep clean
- Established new hygiene policies and procedures
- Established new break and lunch-time procedures
We have made our school as safe as possible for our students and staff, yet the warmth of our environment still remains! We are really looking forward to welcoming all students back to our school, starting with First Years on Wednesday September 2nd 2020.